Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Save InDesign Document to PDF: Missing File/URL Connections

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2024 Sep 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goodmorning,

I am trying to save my Indesign Document to Printwork PDF.

However, it says:

Document has connections to files/url's which are not locatable. Check network or the original source of the content.

Tried many many many things (ofcourse checking connections, files, url's and so on) but so far no solution. Anyone that can help me out?

thx

Sue

<Title renamed by MOD>

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the company you're using, if so, have you checked the FAQs?
https://www.print.work/faqs/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you not use the normal Export as PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the OP's post is a bit unclear. The service does not have any unique or proprietary PDF creation system or driver but simply gives instructions and specs for uploaded PDFs.

I interpret the OP as saying the PDFs are generating the 'missing elements' error upon upload — which is a bit baffling. Maybe I'm missing something.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.1 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If my guess is correct and the actual export has nothing to do with PrintWorks as a destination printer/output service — Export to PDF and other operations will fail or show this error if a linked resource (such as an image file, and possibly online fonts) are not present or accessible at the time of export. InDesign will show a low-resolution placeholder image, but this is not good enough for most export purposes, so the original linked, placed file must be located and relinked to the ID document, preferably from a local file location.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.1 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to other questions: what are your versions of InDesign and the operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines