• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to start InDesign 2024 normally (Mac Studio)

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I have a problem with InDesign 2024.
When I start the app I get the message with an exclamation mark: InDesign has unexpectedly stopped.

It’s impossible to start the app.

I’ve tried to remove the app with the desktop app and with the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool. In both options I've also removed the personal settings.
After reinstall InDesign the first launch is without problem. When I quit the app and do a restart the same problem occurs.

When I manually delete the InDesign Preferences folder (username>Library>Preferences>Adobe InDesign>Version 19.0>nl_NL) I can start InDesign without any problem.
When I quit the app and do a restart the same problem pops up.

When I start InDesign while pressing the keys Shift Control Option Command and choose Yes in the context window, InDesign starts normally.

Off course this not a normal way to start InDesign. It’s also impossible to start the app with my own preferences.

Does anyone has an idea to solve this problem?
ThnX in advance!

Greetz,
Funky.

Mac Studio 2022 M1 Max - LG Ultrafine 5K Display

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

If you're still on Ventura make sure it is updated to at least 13.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What MacOS version are you running? If you're running Sonoma, InDesign 2024 does not yet support it. This is apparently because of bugs which Apple has not yet fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be a big lag here - I've reloaded this thread just before writing my reply - so less than 1 minute ago - and your answer wasn't there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're still on Ventura make sure it is updated to at least 13.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ThnX y'all for the reactions.

The system is running Ventura 13.2.1.

I will update to the latest version. I guess that is 13.6.2.

I'll keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That quite possibly is the problem. Upgrading to the newest version of Ventura is definitely needed to avoid bugs in the previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The macOS update did the job!
Many ThnX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I found this string due to similar issue with InDesign 2024.  I'm on Ventura 13.6.7.  I can't understand why its not launching.  I'm getting a force quit request when I launch.  Is there a cache issue or something else I should do to resolve? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I found this string due to similar issue with InDesign 2024.  I'm on Ventura 13.6.7.

By @Charles36392989no13

Is your InDesign updated to the latest 19.5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here! I can't open any files in indesign, always getting a force quit request. Indesign is updated to 19.5. Weird thing is though, it works fine when I work from my desktop…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines