• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted ALL CAPS

Engaged ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm designing a book interior and have created a paragraph style for Chapter Name.  It is set to Normal case, but each time I apply the style (to get the correct typeface), the title reverts to ALL CAPS, and the "all caps" button lights up in the Control Panel.

• I have double-checked the paragraph style, and it says Normal case.
  • No overide "+" is showing in the paragraph styles palette.
  • There are no character styles selected.
  • I've checked to make sure my paragraph style is not based on anything else that might have all caps applied.
  • I've also checked Open Type options, and nothing is checked therein.
  • Also, the font does have U and LC characters, and it is typed in U/lc, so it isn't that, either.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help, and soon if possible.

C.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

NEVER MIND, FOLKS.  Mystery solved.  I somehow picked up a nested style from somewhere.  Sorry to bother the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. I also deselected everything and made sure the TT (all caps) was not selected in the Control Panel as an inadvertent default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what font is it?

Have you tried making a new paragraph style that you start from scratch and see if it continues to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for being so quick to answer, Daniel.  Sorry for the inconvenience and dunderheadedness!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

all good. we all have moments of brain-glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NEVER MIND, FOLKS.  Mystery solved.  I somehow picked up a nested style from somewhere.  Sorry to bother the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines