• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Paragraph Style Overrides

Participant ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how I can update overrides on Paragraph Styles for one style without upsetting the others? Its a text heavy document and I want to update the main text paragraph style without touching chapter headings etc. Is that possible? Thanks.

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean for the whole document in one go. Over 300 pages. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, with a simple F/R:

Find: main text paragraph style

Replace by: itself

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for that unfortunately its still keeping the indent I'm tryng to get rid of. I tried a find and change as well and its saying its not there. Seems like it would be a simple solution but can't think of how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a test file (.indd)?

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try applying "Break Link to Style" to the style you want to change.

Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 13.56.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that only works for one paragraph? I was hoping there was a way of doing it for everything its been applied to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably, Paragraph Styles haven't been applied consistently throughout the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @FRIdNGE wrote, a find-change works:

In my example, the indents have been manually applied over the “Txt” paragraph style

Capture d’écran 2023-09-28 à 18.11.08.png

So, I ran this find-change query. Find what: leave it blank, replace: leave it blank. You just have to specify that you want to find what is set in “Txt” style and replace by “Txt” file

Capture d’écran 2023-09-28 à 18.11.17.pngCapture d’écran 2023-09-28 à 18.11.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah I see. That looks good. I'll try and report back. Thanks. And thanks @FRIdNGE 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines