BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
FN:First Last
N:Last;First;
END:VCARD

Here's what I have observed:

• Androids can read Method 1 QR code without issue
  • Most Androids cannot read Method 2 QR code
  • If text code from Indesign's Method 2 is used in other QR code utility, then Androids can read QR code.

It seems as though something is happening in the QR code generation process. You can use Method 2 in a data merge workflow, and is the reason that I would like to continue using this method. I have tried various versions of Indesign. I have tried versions 2.1, 3.0, 4.0 of vcard.

Is there anything else to try in using Method 2 and have QR code read by Android?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022
Keep in mind, this issue is not with QR codes in general, but specifically with vcard code placed in the text type of ID to generate QR code. I have tested with an Android 11 (using just camera) and can read all QR codes generated from ID, including plain text in text type, except I cannot read a QR code of vcard code in text type. The customer has reported mixed results of Android users able or unable to read QR code, but not giving specific device info. What I am hoping for is that there might...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Android? What handset? What make? 

Are they all the same barcode reading software on all Android devices?

I'd imagine it's more to do with the QR scanner than the QR code itself.

Have you tried any other QR scanner apps on Android?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Keep in mind, this issue is not with QR codes in general, but specifically with vcard code placed in the text type of ID to generate QR code.

I have tested with an Android 11 (using just camera) and can read all QR codes generated from ID, including plain text in text type, except I cannot read a QR code of vcard code in text type.

The customer has reported mixed results of Android users able or unable to read QR code, but not giving specific device info.

What I am hoping for is that there might be different syntax within the vcard code that someone has come across and can suggest.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines