• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vertical distribute spacing shortcut not working

Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to setup a keyboard shortcut for vertical distribute space so I don't have to use the align panel each time. What I want to do is have a set spacing in pixels so that if I select items they are going to be exact a set amount spaced from eachother. I went to create a keyboard shortcut for this and went into Product Area > Object Editing > Vertical Distribute Space. I setup the shortcut and tried to use it but it's not working. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting up a keyboard shortcut will execute the command but will not remember the spacing value in the Align panel unless that value already exists in the panel and the Use Spacing checkbox is enabled. A script could do this quite easily though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the spacing value set to 50px and Use spacing is enabled. If I click the icon in the align panel it works but the shortcut doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recall running into this in the past myself and after doing a little investigating I remembered that neither a shortcut or quick apply honors the use spacing value in the Align panel. It's definitely something that could easily be done via scripting but we shouldn't have to rely on scripting to make this work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And here's the place for feature requests if it's important to your workflow:

Feature Requests/Bug Reports

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines