Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the menu command or button to fonts.adobe.com

Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gang,

Dumb question: Where is the button or menu command to go from InDesign to fonts.adobe.com?

Mike Witherell
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening a doc, are you referring to the dialog message of missing fonts, and the activate button that appears next to the adobe font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 20.20.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike, In your Creative Cloud app there is Fonts>Browse more fonts...

Screen Shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comments, but I mean inside InDesign. Why isn't there a button or menu command to get you to "Browse Fonts". Nice that the CC App has it; but shouldn't there be an equally explicit button inside InDesign (where I am explicitly wrestling with design choices of typefaces)?

Currently, I have to remember to leave InDesign, remember to go to the CC App, click a button there, go to a website version of fonts.adobe.com, find a design I like, click Activate; then go back to the CC App and click Install Family.

Seems like there should be a menu command within InDesign to click on to start me on that 3-app journey. 

Like, for example, File > Browse in Bridge. 

There could be a File > Browse Fonts or maybe Type > Browse Fonts

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but shouldn't there be an equally explicit button inside InDesign

I think so.

I use an AppleScript to do it from InDesign, but that would only work with MacOS. I don’t know of a way to launch a browser and load a URL with ExtendScript.

--for Firefox
tell application "Firefox"
	activate
	open location "https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts"
end tell

--Safari
tell application "Safari"
	activate
	make new document with properties {URL:"https://fonts.adobe.com/my_fonts/"}
end tell

find a design I like, click Activate; then go back to the CC App and click Install Family.

FWIW, all I do is find the font I want to use, click the Add Font or Add Family button, and the font automatically gets added to the InDesign font menu—there can be a delay depending on the connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...and in addition to @rob day's scripts, this script will open the website in your default browser:

open location "https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob. Script to the rescue!

I'm relieved that no one has said "Here it is right here in front of your nose!"

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines