• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is InDesign showing document is open but is not showing?

Advisor ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document I'm working in open and the pages show in the palette but not on screen. How do I get the pages to show on screen? Right now, see screen shot, InDesign is showing clear through to another app which is open... 

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 1.12.31 AM.png

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

If this has gotten to that point I did try one last thing before deleting preferences, I restarted the computer. I thought I had already dont this to no avail but this time it worked! Indesign is restored to it's old self and I'm now able to get back to work. Thanks for help everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried clicking on the indesign icon in the doc, I think the document might be minimised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a InDesign icon, in fact I don't see the doc. I've never had this happen before and using InDesign since it was released decads ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a InDesign icon, in fact I don't see the doc. I've never had this happen before and using InDesign since it was released decads ago.

By @Ken Nielsen

Can you please elaborate...

There's the Dock with the InDesign icon in your screenshot:

leor_0-1708146095628.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that now and didn't phase it. Still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you go to Window> Application Frame and turn it on? Do the pages show now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window > Application frame does not seem to exist on my computer...Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 8.44.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window > Application frame does not seem to exist on my computer...

By @Ken Nielsen

This is not an InDesign menu. Looks like it's from Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is, I'm scattered over too many projects right now. Let me go back and get re-oriented. Thank you leo.r

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window > Application Frame is checked and has been checked throughout but still same show through and no document showing.Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 10.04.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, are you using a second monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences:

Windows: Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
macOS: While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this has gotten to that point I did try one last thing before deleting preferences, I restarted the computer. I thought I had already dont this to no avail but this time it worked! Indesign is restored to it's old self and I'm now able to get back to work. Thanks for help everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines