• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Works fine when copy/paste hebrew via Davkawriter for Word, but when copying for Indesign..

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything works fine when copy/paste hebrew via Davkawriter for Word, but when copying for Adobe Indesign problems appear. Can You advise the solution for me?

Kari_G_0-1663659937657.png

This on Hebrew text copy/pasted to Indesign

and this is the same text from Davka to Word à  

Kari_G_1-1663659937658.png

I have Davkawriter 2 licenses:
Davkawriter Platinum for Windows and also Davkawriter 7 Mac
I use Adobe Indesign’s latest version.

from Helsinki, Finland Kari

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pink highlighting indicates that InDesign does not have those characters in the font selected. It looks as if you are using two different Hebrew fonts, one of which has the subliterals(?) and one of which does not. That, or it could be a font weight issue, in that the font has those characters, but not in Semibold or Light or another weight.

Very common issue when importing text from any source but an original doc, where fonts not on the current system or not available to ID are encountered.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear James,      THANK YOU !
I have Davkawriter 7 MAC and also Davkawriter Platinum Windows.
Via Davka I received also all fonts into IOS and Windows. The problem exists only concering special marks (in my examples red color) like some vowel point combinations et al. I need to fix them by using glyphs.

Kari_G_4-1663739644303.png     

Kari_G_2-1663738692220.png

Kari_G_3-1663738978379.png

Kari_G_1-1663738241574.png

Kari_G_0-1663738080720.png

In IOS and Win with Word everything is ok when I copy/paste from Davkawriter..

But when I try to do the same with Indesign, certain problems exists.. Sometimes I can fix the problem so that first I'll copy from Davkawriter to Word and then from there to Indesign, but this do not work always. But using Indesign's glyphes I can fix missing special marks under/over hebrew fonts. It causes very much extra work - I need to check and fix by hand so much. Years ago I had Corel Ventura.. It worked fine.. I could copy/paste everything also from webpages hebrew with all vowels..

Kari Kelho from Helsinki, Finland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines