• Global community
    • Language:
      • Deutsch
      • English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit
1

xml.lang error code

Participant ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

 

I'm getting an xml:lang error code in my epub file. Any ideas how to get rid of it without resorting to the code. I have managed to avoid opening up my epubs and managed to correct in the InDesign. From Google I understand that its a language issue and I've gone through all the style sheets and changed them to the same language. I've also read it could be a word that is the problem. 

 

Anything that helps will be greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks.

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 09.31.47.png

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

50

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Just to update this. From further googling it seems its an InDesign 2024 problem so I converted to IDML and opened in InDesign 2022 and exported to epub from that and it cleared the error message. Annoying but at least I didn't have to go into the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to update this. From further googling it seems its an InDesign 2024 problem so I converted to IDML and opened in InDesign 2022 and exported to epub from that and it cleared the error message. Annoying but at least I didn't have to go into the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a bug in Indesign epub export module. The element xml:lang element is misplaced in content.opf file.

Can be corrected by hand using any epub file editor. I hope Adobe will correct this bug soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines