• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom shortcuts stopped working after installing latest update

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the latest update (14.0.2) the keyboard shortcut "CMD" + "+" for instance, stopped working. Same goes for all other zoom shortcuts. I tried rebooting computer. Rebooting the application several times. I checked if it still works on my other applications (photoshop/illustrator) and it did.

What happens is, the "Object" menu in the applications menubar blinks, but nothing else... And the zoom works if you fold down one of the menus:) Bug?

Anyone else has this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

I checked with the team. They are aware of this issue, and are investigating. We hope for a fix soon, I will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UGH!! What is going on with this issue!? It's two years later and the issue is still there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny, but it's now two months into 2022 and I have this issue. Again. It's a frequent problem I have had with at least two updates over the last few years. The dev team should know that it's not only easy, but the quickest and best UI to allow users to continue selecting the anchor of an object box and command-shift to scale. Why would you want to change that? Probably to force a change in user behaviour.

I have reset preferences. No change. I have searched for the preference file to manually force a change. I have relaunched InDesign. Still won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I found the tiny option box up top close to center of the window. The item is called "Auto-fit". Here's a pic. This should be set to default. Ridiculous. It would be nice if the dev team felt it important to NOT introduce new shiny objects until they can maintain standard practice functionality.

This made me look at Quark Xpress' website. It's too bad they are still in competition with Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, now, the shift key will not keep an object proportion while scaling. What craziness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines