I tried exporting an ID 2021 (18.104.22.168) doc to pdf but it kept hanging so I forced quit ID. Upon restart, I deleted the preferences, said "no" to auto-recovery, and reopened the doc. ID is still hanging so I can't even export to pdf.
• I then tried copying the ID doc to the desktop and then changing the extension to .idml, and opening that in ID, and again the spinning color wheel, so I force quit
• I tried opening it in ID 2020. Deleted preferences Same thing, so I force quit.
• Tried replacing fonts in Suitcase Fusion as well as install update. Reopened in ID 2021. Same thing, so I force quit.
• Uninstalled ID 2020.
• Uninstalled and reinstalled ID 2021 twice. Deleted preferences upon launch. Doc opens, then the spinning wheel again, so I force quit.
• Ran Clean My Mac to repair any permission issues, etc. Installed updates and restarted computer. Opened ID 2021, for some reason, whether I delete the prefernces or not, the problematic doc opens up and then before I get a chance to save as an .idml or package the doc to work on another computer, I get the. perpetual spinning wheel.
Things were running fine, so I don't understand what's going on all of a sudden. I'm at a loss, and I'm on deadline. Please help. Thanks in advance.
iMac (late 2012)
32 GB RAM
uninstalled ID 2021 and reinstalled it.Any suggestions or insight? Thanks in advance.
>> I tried exporting an ID 2021 (22.214.171.124) doc to pdf but it kept hanging so I forced quit ID.
Why don't you do this? Sometimes you are need to wait not a minute, not a decade of minutes, even more for receive it exported file. This is normal behaviour of InDesign with some complex publications.
Thanks for your reply, George, but I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. The doc opens, but shortly afterward the spinning wheel starts up and doesn't stop so I'm unable to do any further work on it. Do you think I should let it spin for an especially long time until it does stop? I'm asking because the document I have isn't particularly complex, so it usually doesn't this long to open, so I figure they're must be something wrong with ID, because I tried opening it in both ID 2020 and ID 2021.