• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe InDesign CS5 not launching

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On 9 Jan 2020, I was unable to open CS5.  I've used it since it replaced Pagemaker ages ago and never had a problem.  A great service tech guy named Rahul unistalled and reinstalled (CS7) and it worked find for one session.  I powered down and went home.
Next day, I tried to open CS7 again and nothing happened.  The purple logo just sat on my desktop, apparently struggling to open.  Then it just disappeared.  The other apps open were Norton 360, WinWord, Outlook and Nuance Dragon.  Ref: Case Number: ADB-10797589-S1B7 (9 Jan 2020) AND  ADB-10896075-H7NS (15 Jan 2020) Issue: Download/Install   Today, Rahul told me I'd better throw my little line into the water of the Adobe Support Community and see if I can "catch" some meaningful assistance.  A Fisherman
Original activation on 12 Dec 2017 (ADB-453801-Y4C4)

{Renamed by MOD}
TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing as CS7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob ... but the name of the file uploaded to my computer on 9 Jan is:  InDesign_7_LS1    (WinRAR Archive)

Bit of a mystery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to me Bob . the mystery continues. I've been given a link to reinstall
CS5 .. We'll see how the apps named!

Sincerely,

Robert M. T. Jutson, Jr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bob has already reported, the last Creative Suite version of InDesign was CS6. And as you've discovered, your InDesign 7 doesn't match up in CS# terms. There were a couple of versions of InDesign before Adobe bundled applications under the Creative Suit banner.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the reason your service tech guy uninstalled and reinstalled InDesign CSx was because there was also an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I'm making that assumption because in the last few months, as Windows 7 support approached its End-Of-Life deadline earlier this week, I've had clients who have had similar. if not identical issues after the upgrade.

InDesign Creative suite versions are not compatible with Windows 10, and are not supported by Adobe. I can offer only two options for you:

1) Reinstall Windows 7 on your system, recognizing the operating system is obsolete, and then reinstalling InDesign CS5. Or...

2) Subscribing to Creative Cloud for InDesign to be compatible/sympatico with Windows 10.

Alas, there is no middle ground. This may not be the answer you're looking for but I hope it helps.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rmtj86902186,

InDesign CS5 is InDesign version 7.

Here the list:

InDesign 1

InDesign 1.5

InDesign 2

InDesign CS or version 3

InDesign CS2 or version 4

InDesign CS3 or version 5

InDesign CS4 or version 6

InDesign CS5 or version 7

InDesign CS5.5 or version 7.5

InDesign CS6 or version 8

InDesign CC or version 9

InDesign CC 2014 or version 10

InDesign CC 2015 or version 11

InDesign CC 2017 or version 12

InDesign CC 2018 or version 13

InDesign CC 2019 or version 14

InDesign 2020 or version 15

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

Thanks for reaching out. I agree with the responses given earlier. Please share the version of OS. It'll help us provide you assistance accordingly.

Looking foward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Downloaded version of the Adobe application, never compressed in rar format.
Previously released or registered on the Licensing Web Site installers were 7-zip.
Where did the installer come from get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines