Highlighted

Application Frame Missing

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I opened up Indesign CC on my Macbook Pro running OSX High Sierra one day and the Application Frame was missing. Not only that, everything was missing. Turning off the Application Frame allows me to use the software as normal, but I much prefer working with it on as I hate seeing "through" the window. Pressing Tab does nothing, trashing preferences by holding down Control-Command-Opt-Shift on startup does nothing. Updating does nothing. Short of uninstalling and reinstalling, are there any other solutions people can think of?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by BobLevine | Most Valuable Participant

Have you used the MacBook with an external monitor? Sounds like it's trying to display your workspace on that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Application Frame Missing

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I opened up Indesign CC on my Macbook Pro running OSX High Sierra one day and the Application Frame was missing. Not only that, everything was missing. Turning off the Application Frame allows me to use the software as normal, but I much prefer working with it on as I hate seeing "through" the window. Pressing Tab does nothing, trashing preferences by holding down Control-Command-Opt-Shift on startup does nothing. Updating does nothing. Short of uninstalling and reinstalling, are there any other solutions people can think of?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by BobLevine | Most Valuable Participant

Have you used the MacBook with an external monitor? Sounds like it's trying to display your workspace on that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers @BobLevine - it would seem this was the issue after all. Oddly enough I didn't need to do anything other than connect an external monitor - as soon as I did, the application frame started functioning normally on the MBP's display.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine still doesn't work. even after reinstallation. that's pretty annoying!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and nothing seems to be working!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using InDesign 15.0.2 on a Macbook Pro, 2012 Mojave 10.14.6. When I select Application Frame from the Window Menu, everything vanishes. The interface disappears. The only thing I have access to is the Menu. When I deselect Application Frame, the interface reappears, with that annoying free floating workspace for tabbed documents. How do I get back to this default workspace? Thanks.Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 9.31.44 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines