• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Basic localization question, how do I test it?

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2008 Mar 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, this is such a dumb question...

I'm localizing my plugin now. I've modified the .fr file to include the spanish strings, I've set the index_esES correctly and I'm ready to go.

So now how do I switch InDesign into Spanish? I'm trying OS X first and I've switched my OS to Spanish and relaunched InDesign, the menus are still in English.

I'm missing something very basic here.

Thanks for any help

Paul
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the beginning, use the spanish translations in the english version. Two #defines at the front of the .fr should get you far.

Next, download the spanish demo/release installer. Eventually install it to a different machine (boot disk, VM) and move its folder to your development machine, rather than risk that the installer screws up your other installations. Keep that other box around because update installers will fail on anything unexpected.

Finally, there used to be some tricks to switch the language of the debug build. On the Mac you had to change the version resource, I think later on that turned to the info.plist . Windows required regedt32 on some numeric value. I haven't tried either of these for CS3.

Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
wow, I never would have figured that out. Thank you. (And QA is going to hate this!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines