Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Box over image don't cover all the image

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I've came into a very annoying thing on inDesign. 

I'll attach screenshot but in short if you put a colored box over an image at its margins, even if it's all aligned perfectly, both inDesign preview and the output on PDF shows a pixel of the image around the box. 

Probably this wont be notice on print but its quite annoying to see it on screen. 

Anyone else notice that? How to solve or avoid this? 

Thanks and Best regards. 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please let us know what Operating System and what version of InDeisgn you are running?

What PDF viewer are you using?

Would have been better to share the PDF with us maybe - or perhaps the indesign file you're using.

I can't replicate the issue with Windows 10 and InDesign 2020 15.02

Can you give us a step-by-step?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry do not specificate the OS and inDesign version. 

So, I'm on MacOS Mojave 10.14.4 with Adobe CC Indesign 15.0.2

Sure, I can share the inDesign file.  You can download it from here: https://fromsmash.com/Fel3hMHIJv-et

There is two files, one from the one I was working on and a new-from-stratch one and in both you can see this happening. 

Step-by-step:

Insert an image then create a small colored element (if the element has a light color and the image dark ones you can see it clearly) and position it over and at the margins of the image, like right-bottom angle. And you would see that very short line of the image behind the colored element. Sometimes at zooming or un-zooming you can see everyting correctly so I'm guessing it could be something like aliasing. 

Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have replicated it.

On the left is InDesign and the Right is the PDF - it's pronounced a lot in the PDF - not sure if the forum image shows it well? 

Annotation 2020-04-15 145436.png

Annotation 2020-04-15 145748.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bottom image shows the relationship between the frames in InDesign - and the line doesn't meet up - the co-ords are identical for the base.

I'd post on the bug forum https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

Obviously not great for onscreen - probably a pixel issue in display - but for print it is fine as it would be very unnoticeable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but could not replicate it using Mac OS 10.14.6 & InDesign 15.0.2. What version of Acrobat are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI there Luke, 

I think you're right. On Acrobat that's even less noticable. I was opening the PDF on Apple Preview App. 

Like I said and agreed to Eugene, it's an on-screen bug that on print would bot be noticable. 

Thanks to everyone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Thanks a lot Eugene. 

Yeah, I also think that in print it would be unnoticeable but on screen it's almost annoying. Also, how I would explain to my client that "that's not an error but an on-screen anomaly"? But anyways. Thanks for reporting the bug. 

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A default PDF/X-4 exported from your ID file seems OK to me—1600%:

Screen Shot.png

I made this by copying the image frame, pasting in place, and filling the top frame with a color:

Screen Shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines