Highlighted

Can't insert graphics from CC Libraries

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to place graphics from my CC Library into an InDesign document, but I keep getting the error:

This file is already open by another user or application. This file may be stored on a network server and cannot be opened until the other user closes it.

I'm not able to pull from library in Illustrator of Photoshop either. I Photoshop I see the error "Could no place the document because the file could not be found. In Illustrator nothing happens at all. It doesn't work, but I don't see an error message either.

I tried following a couple of recommendations from users on this forum, but nothing has worked:

• Closed and restarted all Adobe apps
  • Restarted computer
  • Renamed library
  • Duplicate graphics

The original artwork was on my desktop before I added it to my CC library. I haven't moved it, so even it was linking to the original it should be working.

As a test, I opened up a new EPS graphic and added it to my CC library.I was able to use that with no problems, so the issue seems to be with only with graphics I previously added to my library.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ian

I'm wondering if something got messed up in your CC storage hosted by Adobe. That's where CC library items live, they're not  on your hard drive, really  (so very strange  to get those messages).

Can you see your library items on your CC space? Make a library active in CC Libraries in any app and choose View on Web from the panel menu, or go directly there: Adobe Creative Cloud

(That's assets2.adobe.com). Make sure you're logged in with your correct CC subscription email/pw.

assets.jpg

That will help  in diagnosing the problem. I know Adobe has  been doing a lot of behind-the-scenes work with CC Libraries and CC Files, you may have been caught in a temporary glitch.

AM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't insert graphics from CC Libraries

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to place graphics from my CC Library into an InDesign document, but I keep getting the error:

This file is already open by another user or application. This file may be stored on a network server and cannot be opened until the other user closes it.

I'm not able to pull from library in Illustrator of Photoshop either. I Photoshop I see the error "Could no place the document because the file could not be found. In Illustrator nothing happens at all. It doesn't work, but I don't see an error message either.

I tried following a couple of recommendations from users on this forum, but nothing has worked:

• Closed and restarted all Adobe apps
  • Restarted computer
  • Renamed library
  • Duplicate graphics

The original artwork was on my desktop before I added it to my CC library. I haven't moved it, so even it was linking to the original it should be working.

As a test, I opened up a new EPS graphic and added it to my CC library.I was able to use that with no problems, so the issue seems to be with only with graphics I previously added to my library.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ian

I'm wondering if something got messed up in your CC storage hosted by Adobe. That's where CC library items live, they're not  on your hard drive, really  (so very strange  to get those messages).

Can you see your library items on your CC space? Make a library active in CC Libraries in any app and choose View on Web from the panel menu, or go directly there: Adobe Creative Cloud

(That's assets2.adobe.com). Make sure you're logged in with your correct CC subscription email/pw.

assets.jpg

That will help  in diagnosing the problem. I know Adobe has  been doing a lot of behind-the-scenes work with CC Libraries and CC Files, you may have been caught in a temporary glitch.

AM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 03, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried relaunching the Creative Cloud processes?

1. Quit any running Adobe Applications including the Creative Cloud desktop application.
  2. Relaunch Creative Cloud desktop and press cmd+option+R (Mac) or ctrl+alt+R (Windows) to restart the CC processes.
  3. Relaunch InDesign and try using the libraries.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2018 2
Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a trick:

- Do another Adobe ID for yourself

- Share your CC library for this new Adobe ID

- Drag&Drop, create new CC library from dropped objects.

A question: Do you really need cloud library? If not than use classical "not cloud" .indl

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2018 2
Advisor ,
Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

assets.jpg

AM

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2018 3
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't use anything from the library and on other spreadsheets that i created with the icon from the library are all blank. Can some someone help please, my deadline is around the corner.Can't insert graphics from CC LibrariesAdobe Library issue.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2018 0
Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suggest posting your question on the forum below which is viewed by those who actually engineer the CC Libraries and CC assets

File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

We use the libraries and assets in InDesign, but that's where they're developed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2018 1