Cannot move or edit text boxes in InDesign 2021

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with an InDesign document created by someone else. There is a text box sitting atop a backgraound illustration. I couldn't select the text box to move it, so I moved the background illustration out of the way to get to it. I still was unable to move or edit the text box. I'm not sure why this text box is not movable or editable but it's very frustrating. I've relaunched the application to no avail. Is this a bug? Anyone have any ideas? I'm under deadline, so any responses to this issue would be great. BTW - I can see text edit markings - end of line characters, etc. - so, I know the text is editable and hasn't been converted to a graphic...if I could only get to it!!

TOPICS
Bug, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Guide , Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021
A text frame on a document page that can't be edited may be the result of a few things: The frame could be locked (Object menu) The frame could be on a locked layer The frame could be on the master page (master-page objects appear on all document pages that they are applied to, and those objects aren't editible on the document page unless released)

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A text frame on a document page that can't be edited may be the result of a few things:

1. The frame could be locked (Object menu)
  2. The frame could be on a locked layer
  3. The frame could be on the master page (master-page objects appear on all document pages that they are applied to, and those objects aren't editible on the document page unless released)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. Resolved earlier this evening via chat support. Someone else had created the document and locked down some text box layers. It wasn't immediately evident in the Layers window.

All the best.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines