• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant add text to table

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so i've created a table in my indesign doc but the cells dont allow me to add text when clicking on them, ive tried the selection tools & text tool btw, any help/tips appreciated

(attached screenshot)

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Hi zumaira,

or the cell inset values are too high while the cells are set to a fixed height that is too small to insert 10 Pt text.

10 Pt Calibri seems to be your default for text if I interpret your screenshot right.

To tell more we need to see a screenshot of the table where hidden edges are showing and invisible text as well.

Could also be, that all table cells were converted to graphic cells, but this is unlikely, because I assume you have this issue immediately after adding the table to t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either the point size is too big to fit in the cell, or the text is locked on the baseline grid. Difficult to be sure without knowing the cell size and seeing hidden characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi zumaira,

or the cell inset values are too high while the cells are set to a fixed height that is too small to insert 10 Pt text.

10 Pt Calibri seems to be your default for text if I interpret your screenshot right.

To tell more we need to see a screenshot of the table where hidden edges are showing and invisible text as well.

Could also be, that all table cells were converted to graphic cells, but this is unlikely, because I assume you have this issue immediately after adding the table to the page.

My suggestion:

Before adding a new generic table make sure that:

[1] The [Basic Table] style is selected in the Table Styles panel.

[2] The [None] style is selected in the Cell Styles panel.

[3] The [Basic Paragraph] style is selected in the Paragraph Styles panel.

[4] The [None] style is selected in the Character Styles panel.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines