• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create editable pdf with embedded fonts

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using InDesign to design and create wedding stationery. I would like to learn how to take an exported PDF from InDesign and provide that PDF to my clients who can then edit only certain text in the PDF such as names and dates. This particular text would call for fonts to be embedded in the PDF.

Can anyone help me with the workflow to make this happen?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

You can specify the font you want in the form fields from acrobat after you export the .pdf. The options are limited to system fonts. 

I search other forms for specifics, here is an answer I found:

"non standard fonts" (that's the fonts which are not in the top section of your font selection list in the field properties) must be fully embedded in order to be usable in fields. You would, however, get a warning message if you specifiy a font which can not be fully embedded (as opposed to the fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can specify the font you want in the form fields from acrobat after you export the .pdf. The options are limited to system fonts. 

I search other forms for specifics, here is an answer I found:

"non standard fonts" (that's the fonts which are not in the top section of your font selection list in the field properties) must be fully embedded in order to be usable in fields. You would, however, get a warning message if you specifiy a font which can not be fully embedded (as opposed to the fonts being embeddable as subsets). If you get this message, you will have to either use another font, or organize a version of the font which allows for full embedding.

The other thing is the use or non-use of local fonts. This is a user preference, and you don't have control over it from the document.

In Acrobat (actually Reader) X, as well as in Acrobat/Reader 9, it is in the Preferences --> Page Display tab, Rendering section, where the option is called "Use local fonts". When this is selected, Acrobat/Reader uses the fonts it has on its machine, and not the embedded ones. So, have your user uncheck it (at least for testing purposes), and see what they say.

You might want to go to the acrobat forum and ask for further help or details to learn more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same question, but haven't had any success with finding an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was previously answered in a previous response!

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It isnt mention how to actually embed the font

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines