• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Blur effect in InDesgin | Glassmorphism

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am looking to apply Glassmorphism in my resume design in InDesign, however, I realized that I can't find a way to do that in InDesign.

Glassmorphism is the latest UI trend that interfaces are turning into a glass-like structure with the use of background blur and high transparency. This effect can be easily made with Photoshop or Adobe XD by adjusting the opacity and the amount of blur. As for InDesign, I know where to adjust the opacity of an object but I don't know how to apply the blur effect to an object. That would be awesome if you can let me know how to create this Glassmorphism effect or where to apply blur effects in InDesign 2020? Thank you!

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Although InDesign doesn't have a blur effect - you can cheat the system

https://creativepro.com/tip-creating-ghostly-effect-drop-shadow-trick/

Use a drop shadow and have some fun - link above gives a quick demo.

The best solution though is to create the objects in Photoshop/Illustrator and place them into InDesign.

InDesign is best used this way, it's really a way to layout a page with various design elements, and it has very robust typography tools. 

It would be best to create the graphic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although InDesign doesn't have a blur effect - you can cheat the system

https://creativepro.com/tip-creating-ghostly-effect-drop-shadow-trick/

Use a drop shadow and have some fun - link above gives a quick demo.

The best solution though is to create the objects in Photoshop/Illustrator and place them into InDesign.

InDesign is best used this way, it's really a way to layout a page with various design elements, and it has very robust typography tools. 

It would be best to create the graphic in another software and use File>Place to import it to the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines