• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CTRL + F: How to change colour on SELECTED objects only?

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

When using the find/change tool, I have selected a few objects/layers to change colour. I go to the Color tab, find the current colour to change and change the 'change color' color. I then click "change all", the colour does change but the wole document (all pages) changes colours. Not just the selected objects.

Is there any way of universally changing colours on selected objects and not the whole document?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dante5E62 

Since you already have the objects selected, can you just make the change by applying a new swatch for the fill or stroke using the Swatches or Control or Properties panel?

Apologies for the two-day delay in answering.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the find change tool will Find and Change. 

If you select Change all - it finds all and changes all. 

That is expected behaviour. 

The Colour change doesn't have an option for Selection only - like the Text find/change.

So yo can either go one by one and choose Change (instead of Change all) and then Find Next.

Or you can you select them manually - and use the swatches panel to select the swatch you want to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines