• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag image from CEP extension and Drop into text frame not working.

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am trying to drag drop image from CEP extension. For data transfer from CEP to cpp plugin I am using kTEXTExternalFlavor, with this approach I am able to get the image info and place it into Graphic frame in my custom CustomDragDropTargetFlavorHelper class.

But when I drag the image into text frame, ProcessDragDropCommand method is not executed, even if i return DragDrop::kDropWillCopy in CouldAcceptTypes method. Please suggest me , Is there anything else needs to be done?

Thanks ,

Yogita.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

This is a known bug at the moment and is being investigated internally for a possible fix

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yogita,

you posted in the InDesign user forum.
I think, your question is a InDesign SDK question.

So a moderator would best move this thread over to:

InDesign SDK

There is also a forum about:

Extensions / Add-ons Development

But I think this is more about HTML panels and JavaScript that control InDesign by means of ExtendScript.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Could you please help me on this ?

Thanks,

Yogita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug at the moment and is being investigated internally for a possible fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lohrii!

I run into the same problem: I have a text frame in the background and an image frame in front. When I drag an image from a browser, the text frame is always used as the target. The function 
ProcessDragDropCommand for the GraphicFrame is no longer executed. Without text frame in the background it works. Is ther any way ro work around this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Paul 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I wrote a drag from browser to InDesign, I had especially hard times with https URLs when the dragged image was wrapped into an <a href>. The culprit was something with Netscape in its name, e.g. kSysFileDataExchHandlerNetscapeHelperBoss is still around. Back then I used a bogus http link instead that I translated on the fly from the drop target (helper) side to perform the download on my own (curl). That code was last touched with CS5, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines