Highlighted

Draw a Horizontal Line

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I remember figuring out how to do this but that was months ago and now I'm struggling with what should be a pretty basic task and after 45 minutes of searching I couldn't find an answer so I figured I would just ask.

I'd like to just add a line - a horizontal line in this case but basically something like specify a starting x,y coordinates in inches and an ending x,y coordinates and have a line between those two positions.

So for example, If I wanted to draw a line between [0,0.50]and [8.5,0.50] how would I do that?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by _Jongware_ | Most Valuable Participant

Possibly you didn't find anything relevant because the most logical name for such an object is already taken by another one ("line" as in "a line of text", a property of texts). It is called a GraphicLine in the scripting references.

With that I could find several examples; this one How to draw cross line?   shows how to set the individual end points to any value you want, showing it doesn't necessarily need to be horizontal.

Topics

Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

Draw a Horizontal Line

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I remember figuring out how to do this but that was months ago and now I'm struggling with what should be a pretty basic task and after 45 minutes of searching I couldn't find an answer so I figured I would just ask.

I'd like to just add a line - a horizontal line in this case but basically something like specify a starting x,y coordinates in inches and an ending x,y coordinates and have a line between those two positions.

So for example, If I wanted to draw a line between [0,0.50]and [8.5,0.50] how would I do that?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by _Jongware_ | Most Valuable Participant

Possibly you didn't find anything relevant because the most logical name for such an object is already taken by another one ("line" as in "a line of text", a property of texts). It is called a GraphicLine in the scripting references.

With that I could find several examples; this one How to draw cross line?   shows how to set the individual end points to any value you want, showing it doesn't necessarily need to be horizontal.

Topics

Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link no longer works..

Translate

Translate

Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is more than 2 years old. Start a new one with full details.

Translate

Translate