• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exporting to epub3 causes issues with format

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to convert my InDesign file to an epub3 file. When I do this, it causes issues with character spacing in some words and all of my justification for the paragraphs have changed. However, when I "publish online" it is perfect and acts and looks exactly what I want it to when I convert it to an epub file. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
EPUB , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reflowable ePub or FXL ePub?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FXL...but I think I figured out the justification issue. For some reason, the paragraph rule was set to "World-Ready paragraph composer" instead of just the norm "Adobe Paragraph Composer". As far as my character spacing in words, I noticed it is a font that is not an Opentype font. Is there any way around this so I can still use this font? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sarah,

would it work as expected if you change the paragraph composer to "Adobe Paragraph Composer"?

If I recall it right, export to FXL EPUB has some issues with text composed by the "World-Ready Paragraph Composer".

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines