• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font won't change when clicked on in Indesign

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use Find Font or just try to change a font in general - sometimes InDesign won't let me change the font. Instead it will just click back to the default of Myriad. Sometimes restarting and shutting down my Mac will work and sometimes it does nothing. We've found that manually hitting the down arrow to select the specific font works around this problem but I am wondering if there is a different way to solve this problem? I've seen other posts that suggest to reset all preferences but I was hoping there might be another option so as not to lose all preferences. I've also checked to make sure that "search entire font" is checkmarked as well. We are assuming this is some sort of bug with InDesign that just hasn't been fixed yet. If anyone has a better/faster solution that manually hitting the down arrow to get the right font that would be great, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can alway try moving your current preferences to your desktop, starting with a new set. If this fixes the problem, you know your preferences were corrupt and causing the problem. If not fixed, you can just move your preference set back into place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It took a bit of hunting but I was able to save my preferences before deleting them. So far, I have been able to change my font to the correct one. TBD if it stays that way lol. Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using find font today and it reverted back to not letting me select the right font so its definitely a bug with InDesign that just hasn't been fixed yet. Don't know what else to do anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too. SO FRUSTRATING!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, adn have also discovered in the past that using the arrow keys will change the fonts as necessary. However, the arrow trick isn't working now, and neither is the standard Find Font function. I have also removed the prefs, but the problem has remained. Has anyone found a solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Did you folks have any luck finding a long-term solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This discussion is more than four years old. For your own benefit please start a new discussion with full system details and details of you problem. I'm going to lock this discussion to avoid any confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines