• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footnote enigma

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have a long document with about 900 endnotes. I later added some more material that had footnotes and told the program (InDesign) transform them into endnotes. It did, but started a whole new set of Endnotes with new numbering. Once I realized what had happened, a week or so later, I have tried to work out what happened and a way to fix it. 

• I checked to see if I somehow had told the program to start numbering all over again - and so far have not found anything.
  • I tried erasing each endnote reference and then putting in a new endnote. Same problem.
  • No matter what I try, same thing happens. I have had to resort to copying each individual endnote then going to the reference number in the copy, erasing the endnote reference and putting in a footnote and pasting the copy into the footnote. 
  • This is working, in the sense that I now have footnotes with the copy, but it is weird when the rest of the whole document is endnotes.

Does anybody have any idea what I can do. I could try converting all my endnotes to footnotes, then switching them back to endnotes. But I am afraid I will screw up all of my formatting in the document. Again, we are talking 550 pages 8x11 so I don't want to have to go back and reformat.

Thanks again for your help,

Dan

TOPICS
Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?