• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide the Content Grabber

Contributor ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After recently updating to a new computer with the latest Windows OS (10), and updating (via fresh install) InDesign, all of which meant I had to adjust all the preferences, etc., I have been irritated by the Content Grabber tool showing up again.  I learned InD long before it was added as a "feature", and just find it annoying.  I knew it can be "turned off", and I have been searching and searching the preferences to find where to turn it off.  Well, finally found it today - under the View menu, Extras, not in preferences at all!!! 

I had already searched this forum for Content Grabber, and not found anything, so I decided to share this for anyone else out there with a similar interest.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Just an FYI - it's in the help files for InDesign - it really should be first port of call rather than googling or searching internet forums!

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/using/whats-new-cs5.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an FYI - it's in the help files for InDesign - it really should be first port of call rather than googling or searching internet forums!

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/indesign/using/whats-new-cs5.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As best I can recall now, I did search Adobe.com, and the Adobe forums, and did not find anything about hiding it.  Probably just the wrong page, as that seems to be under view stuff, not layout (except for using it).  I did not search otherwise online, either, just finally remembered to check View in my program.

I really like the Adobe help options, but, as with anything online, sometimes it is hard to pick the correct search term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very common knowledge, sorry, nothing new..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines