Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add new page with document page margins applied

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there beautiful Adobe Support Community,

I am working on a document in Indesign and there are over 100 pages. I have set margins and columns set for the document but everytime I add a new page, it has the default page margins and not what I had set for the whole document. Is there a way to set the document so I don't have to reset page margins for every new page I add? 

Thank you in advance! x

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Hi Purpose:

When you start a new document, you specify the margins in the New Document dialog box, and those margins are applied to the A-Master automatically. As long as each new page that you add is using the A-Master, you will get the same margins on the new pages. If you need to change the margins on the body pages, you should return to the A-Master and make the change there, so that all the body pages will update.

I suspect that you have margin overrides on your body pages, and when you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Purpose:

When you start a new document, you specify the margins in the New Document dialog box, and those margins are applied to the A-Master automatically. As long as each new page that you add is using the A-Master, you will get the same margins on the new pages. If you need to change the margins on the body pages, you should return to the A-Master and make the change there, so that all the body pages will update.

I suspect that you have margin overrides on your body pages, and when you add each new page, InDesign is actually using the master page margins. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh that makes complete sense! Thank you so much! I have just tried it and it works! You are brilliant! (insert a big hug right here!) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines