• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to share Publish Online documents?

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping my designer can use Publish Online to create a digital sales brochure for my client. We need the reader to easily navigate through the document (hyperlinked TOC, simple animation, fillable forms that can then be submitted directly). A couple questions:

1. Please confirm my designer can access this via InDesign and doesn't need a CC license

2. Will it cost my designer extra to host my client's document online?

3. Does my client need an InDesign license to view hosting dashboard and analytics?

4. If yes to #3, what if the client doesn't want access to the hosting dashboard and analytics? They just want a published sales brochure. Do they still need their own InDesign license?  

Really appreciate anyone's help answering these questions.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020
1. A CC license is required
2. Publish Online is hosted by Adobe
3. Yes.
4. No.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. A CC license is required
2. Publish Online is hosted by Adobe
3. Yes.
4. No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't have fillable forms.

You need a the normal InDesign CC subscription to create (and upload) a Publish Online document.

The Publish Online documents can only be hosted on Adobe servers.

Your customer would need an InDesign CC subscription to access (himself) the Publish Online Dashboard.

Publish Online would be a good choice of format for a sales brochure – such documents can be viewed on any device with an HTML5 browser – PC or Mac computer, tablet or smartphone. You can enable such a document so the end user can print off a PDF version of the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Derek_Cross and BobLevine!

Do you have any recommendations for fillable forms? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're putting this on the web anyway, just put a form on the website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at in5, it's an InDesign plug-in producing HTML5 documents – it can do all the things you want – I'm not sure about fillable forms, I need to check.

https://ajarproductions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought you might be interested in some examples of the kinds of things that can be done with Publish Online. No fillable forms, but lots of interactivity. 🙂

Several sales brochures included among these examples: http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kgroene asked:

3. Does my client need an InDesign license to view hosting dashboard and analytics?

If your client wants access of the dashboard and the analytics, the client, not your designer or anybody else must do the Publish Online export. Dashboard and analytics are tied to a distinct Adobe ID. One cannot transfer the rights of one published online document to a different Adobe ID.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regarding having fillable forms via in5 documents (HTML5) – I've checked with Ajar Productions (makers of in5) and they recommend this method of incuding submittable forms in your InDesign document: https://ajar.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/26000031043-how-to-include-a-submittable-form-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines