• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use indesign with creative cloud

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I was wondering if there is a way to save indesign files as cloud documents. I'm new to the creative cloud and discovered that it is only letting me save photoshop and ai files as cloud docs. If there is no way to save my indesign projects as cloud documents, what the best workflow to access these files across platforms?

Thanks!

Zach

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

You didn't mention your OS, Zach so I have screen shots for both. Use File > Save as and choose Creative Cloud Files from the list on the left.

Mac

2020-09-23_07-29-53.jpg

Windows

2020-09-23_07-28-32.jpg

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Hi Zachary,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to what Barb has mentioned, please check out this help article to know how you can sync your files with Creative Cloud.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

In addition to Barb’s screen captures, any folders and files you save to your local user>Creative Cloud Files folder will automatically sync to your Adobe Cloud server—the files are not limited to Adobe application files, they can be any format. The speed of the sync’ing will depend on your internet connection, but a file will sync after any modification. Here’s my local CCF folder and the web view of my Adobe cloud server:

Screen Shot 24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't mention your OS, Zach so I have screen shots for both. Use File > Save as and choose Creative Cloud Files from the list on the left.

Mac

2020-09-23_07-29-53.jpg

Windows

2020-09-23_07-28-32.jpg

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zachary,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to what Barb has mentioned, please check out this help article to know how you can sync your files with Creative Cloud.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Barb’s screen captures, any folders and files you save to your local user>Creative Cloud Files folder will automatically sync to your Adobe Cloud server—the files are not limited to Adobe application files, they can be any format. The speed of the sync’ing will depend on your internet connection, but a file will sync after any modification. Here’s my local CCF folder and the web view of my Adobe cloud server:

Screen Shot 24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much! so there is no way to save indd files as cloud docs, like you can with ai files and etc, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With InDesign any placed assets have to be saved locally—a linked asset can’t have a web URL as its file path. I think for that reason you want  ID files and their assets to be saved into the CCF folder, which puts them in the cloud. You can still share a sync’d CCF asset from the cloud server:

Screen Shot 25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines