• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink option missing in Export Interactive PDF

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened to the include Hyperlink option in the Export Interactive PDF dialog box?
After I export the pdf (not publishing online), the hover works, but the links don't work.
I am on an iMac. Running Mohave
See attached screenshot

Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 10.31.53 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Hi Kloy53:

The option to include hyperlinks is part of the Export to PDF (Print) dialog box. They are included in the Export to PDF (Interactive) automatically, which is why you can't find the checkbox in your screen shot.

If you are using Acrobat or Reader, note that InDesign's online help file agrees with Bob^^:

If a URL hyperlink isn’t working in the exported PDF, there may be a problem with the hyperlink being a “Shared Destination”. Deselect the Shared Hyperlink Destination checkbox, and then

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't work where? Beyond Acrobat and Acrobat Reader interactive PDF is a crapshoot. If that's what you're using do not use shared hyperlinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kloy53:

The option to include hyperlinks is part of the Export to PDF (Print) dialog box. They are included in the Export to PDF (Interactive) automatically, which is why you can't find the checkbox in your screen shot.

If you are using Acrobat or Reader, note that InDesign's online help file agrees with Bob^^:

If a URL hyperlink isn’t working in the exported PDF, there may be a problem with the hyperlink being a “Shared Destination”. Deselect the Shared Hyperlink Destination checkbox, and then click OK.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry, but if understand you correctly, I have to disagree. If I use the print button at the bottom of the book overview, the option isn't there and even in Acrobat reader the links don't work, they were not included automatically. I had to go via this well hidden menu:

FrederikSt_1-1610184552500.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb, where is the 'Shared Hyperlink Destination' checkbox as I have the same issue, the client has given me a shared destination link... I cannot make it work!! Actually pulling my hair out :0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines