• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign 16.1 Dictionary Issues

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running 16.1 on Mac OS 11.3 and I am unable to switch dictionary's from English: UK to English: US. I am getting really frustrated with it. I've tried restarting both InDesign and the computer. In the preferences it is set to US but in the document I am working with it keeps defaulting back to UK. No matter what I do. I'll change it to US and as soon as I close the window it defaults back to UK. Does anyone else have this issue or a solution?

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 8.19.23 AM.png

Within the document it appears that the dictionary is set to UK, but the dictionary is set to US:

Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 8.19.06 AM.png

  

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you also changing the language called for in the paragraph styles?

Are you changing preferences while no documents are open?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/reset-indesign-preferences-and-other-troubleshooting/td-p/11...

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. No place in paragraph styles to call out a dictionary that I know of. I've looked and don't see anything, so ?

2. I've tried both ways, with the document open and before I open it. Neither has made a difference. 

When I created this document, about 3 years ago, it was set to US. This is a new issue that is affecting all my documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines