Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign is being interrupted automatically, flips to MacOSX

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For some time allready InDesign is being interrupted automatically, flips to MacOSX (or another programm).

I don't know why or which programm it is, but when I'am working in InDesign, sometimes I see something like a flash and I'am automaticly active in the workspace of MacOSX.

Does anybody know, what or which programm is active in the background, which jumps me right out of InDesign?

Thanks, Henri

Btw, I think it will be the sytem MacOSX, while I remember that other programms allso have this issue. But anyway, it's pretty boring while working in InDesign too...

MacOS Catalina 10.15.6

InDesign CC 15.1.2

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

By default, the MacOS will shift between open applications when you select the Command+Tab keys. Hit it once, and it'll automatically take you to the immediate previous program you were using. And if you're typing fast, you won't even see the flash.

If you're not accidentally hitting the two keys when you're trying to execute some other command/keyboard shortcut, I'd carefully check and clean your keyboard, first wiping it clean with an alcohol wipe, then blowing it out around (and behind, if

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. It could be a system specific issue as you mentioned that it happens with other apps as well.

You may try creating a new user on your machine and try working there. Let us know how app performs there. Please share version of OS & InDesign as well.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me, who gave the ability that this was the correct answer? Not me, because it isn't!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deleting InDesign Preferences? Hold down Shift-Control-Option-Command as you launch the app. Click on app first, then immediately hold down the keys. You should get a dialog asking if you want to delete preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By default, the MacOS will shift between open applications when you select the Command+Tab keys. Hit it once, and it'll automatically take you to the immediate previous program you were using. And if you're typing fast, you won't even see the flash.

If you're not accidentally hitting the two keys when you're trying to execute some other command/keyboard shortcut, I'd carefully check and clean your keyboard, first wiping it clean with an alcohol wipe, then blowing it out around (and behind, if you can) the keys and the gaps betweeen the keys and the keyboard structure. A can of compressed air is your friend here. I help folks with their computer problems all the time, and you'd be surprised to find how many people have this issue — even if they regularly clean their keyboards. Especially with laptops.

If you're still having the issues, and you're sure you're not accidentally hitting those shortcut keys and you've thoroughly cleaned your keyboard, it might be time to get a new keyboard. External bluetooth or USB keyboards are easy to hook up to your Mac, whether you use a desktop or laptop. And if you bang on the keys like I do — I learned to type on manual typewriters — computer keyboards are a wear item.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines