Highlighted

InDesign not Saving/Packaging

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Indesign decided to stop saving and packaging my documents(no warnings/errors) after the update. Can anyone help? I've restarted the programs and computer and nothing helps.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Mike Witherell | Adobe Community Professional

Look out for some simple things: oddball characters used in the filename or the filename is too long. A short-term work-around might be to export to IDML (just to keep your current work) and trash preferences, restart, and open the IDML to save it as a new INDD.

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

InDesign not Saving/Packaging

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Indesign decided to stop saving and packaging my documents(no warnings/errors) after the update. Can anyone help? I've restarted the programs and computer and nothing helps.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Mike Witherell | Adobe Community Professional

Look out for some simple things: oddball characters used in the filename or the filename is too long. A short-term work-around might be to export to IDML (just to keep your current work) and trash preferences, restart, and open the IDML to save it as a new INDD.

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 1
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Did it happen with a specific file or all? In addition to great suggestions given earlier, I'd request resetting InDesign preferences by following the instructions below:

For Windows 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Locations : 
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe  
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Adobe. 
  •  Rename InDesign folders to InDesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from CC. 

For MAC  

• Close all adobe applications 
  • Go to Locations:  
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from the CC 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 2
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Renaming the old folders worked perfectly!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you delete this folders and not helps, but after renaming helps? Really?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not have to delete any folders.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0