• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign not syncing Adobe Fonts on macOS Big Sur

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Adobe InDesign 16.0 on MacOS Big Sur, version 11.0.1, and am experiencing a problem with Adobe fonts not syncing with InDesign, even though they sync fine with Illustrator and Photoshop. If I open an InDesign document with an Adobe font already in it, InDesign will read that font and I can sample the font qualities to apply that font to another type area. However, when going to the Character palette to look for it and select it, it's not there. Anyone have any luck resolving this issue?

(Renamed by MOD)

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I would request if you could please try the steps suggested in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/user-guide.html/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.ug.html) and let us know how it goes. 

We’re here to help, just need more info.   

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti....

I'm having the same issue as the original post above. And when I clicked on your link it didn't open an article, just a general adobe page. I'm wondering if you can repost or if you have any other suggestions? 

Thanks!

Dani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti, 

Adobe wasn't able to help me resolve this issue. However I suggest trying this, as it's what finally solved my issue. Seems like a font filter was auto-added on a recent update and that's why no fonts were showing in the character palette: 

• Click the arrow next to the font name within the Character palette

• Click the arrow next to the first icon after Filters: at the top of the flyout menu

• Click "Clear All" in the upper right of that flyout menu

Hope that does the trick for you too!
Heather

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 1.55.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines