• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign package - how to include Adobe Fonts

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have to package my InDesign project for my teacher for a graphic course. The first time he saw my project he told me to package it again and download the two activated fonts I used otherwise he could not see them properly (Source Han Sans CN and Sanvito Pro). Now I have tried to find a solution to this problem online but couldn't find an answer. Can you help me? How can I include those two fonts in the package? I use a mac.

Thank you in advance.

iris

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

"how to include Adobe Fonts"

Adobe Fonts cannot be packaged. The recipient will get a message to synchronize the fonts from Adobe Fonts when they open the file. They can only open the file if they have InDesign and Creative Cloud, so they will have access to Adobe Fonts.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your Teacher have a subscription to InDesign and are you both using the same version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"how to include Adobe Fonts"

Adobe Fonts cannot be packaged. The recipient will get a message to synchronize the fonts from Adobe Fonts when they open the file. They can only open the file if they have InDesign and Creative Cloud, so they will have access to Adobe Fonts.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no any legal way to add fonts from Adobe TypeKit that not added automatically with package. Strange, that your teacher don't know this. If your teacher use it old perpetual version of InDesign without access to Adobe TypeKit than you're need to use only fonts that installed on your PC and can be packaged. 

If you teacher use it new version of ID than let he do what Jane-E says.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you're not paying for this class because your "teacher" doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

Anyone teaching InDesign should be well aware that Adobe Fonts cannot be packaged and need to be activated by the recipient of the packaged InDesign file and links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nicely said, Bob! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines