• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF / Adding richmedia to a PDF

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have created a presentation in InDesign for a client - they also asked for two videos to be added and background music that runs throughout the whole job, ok that's fine.

So I added it, made an interactive PDF and it works fine.

On my mac, not on the clients PC or anyone else's in the office, well for some themusic did but not the videos.

So I saved it without videos and added them as rich media in Acrobat, so it looks great - once again it doesn't work on the clients PCs.

I also published it online but the backgroundmusic only plays on one slide, and not the whole job.  And E-PUB won't work on the PCs.

Does anyone have any idea of a way I can do this that is foolproof? I realise that it is running with Flash which is dead soon but I really need to find a workaround.

Thanks all, for any help in advance.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

I think you need another format, maybe FXL ePub, Adobe's Publish Online or possibly in5 (an InDesign plugin, at extra cost)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Spugsy69 

Background music from ID is a challenge at th moment.

This may help

https://slidehunter.com/create-pdf-presentations-with-background-music-using-pdfrizator/

Good luck

.mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm open to using third party software but it seems the background music is ok and it's the videos that don't seem to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format was the video in? What program are they using to view the PDF?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The videos are MP4 and they are using Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version did you make the PDF when exporting? (Check the File>Settings in Acrobat.)

Also, have the client check their preferences to see if they disallowed playing of multimedia in the past (Multimedia Legacy and Trust).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe CC so my Indesign and Acrobat are the most up to date versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I wasn't clear. What version was the PDF you created--not want version of Acrobat you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need another format, maybe FXL ePub, Adobe's Publish Online or possibly in5 (an InDesign plugin, at extra cost)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so after using the trial, I got the full version and that works a treat - at $360 a year it isn't cheap by any means but it's a great plug in. Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines