Highlighted

Keyboard Shortcut for "Insert Cross Reference"

Participant ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create a keyboard shortcut for "Insert Cross Reference"?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Creamer Training | Adobe Community Professional

You can create a keyboard shortcut for almost anything in InDesign. Go to your Keyboard Shortcuts mentu, look under Panel menus, find Insert Cross-references, and type in your short cut. (It will warn you if the shortcut is used for something else.) I would change the context to Text since that is the only time you want the x-ref to work.

2020-03-31_12-24-49.png

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keyboard Shortcut for "Insert Cross Reference"

Participant ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create a keyboard shortcut for "Insert Cross Reference"?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Creamer Training | Adobe Community Professional

You can create a keyboard shortcut for almost anything in InDesign. Go to your Keyboard Shortcuts mentu, look under Panel menus, find Insert Cross-references, and type in your short cut. (It will warn you if the shortcut is used for something else.) I would change the context to Text since that is the only time you want the x-ref to work.

2020-03-31_12-24-49.png

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020-03-31_12-24-49.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
homeboy4 LATEST
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Was looking in the wrong place. But good thing anyway since I wouldn't have known to change the context to text.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines