• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lock File Created when Importing Styles

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping for some insight here: We have a few InDesign templates housed in a network location that staff import styles from. Every time someone imports the styles from one of the templates, a lock file is created for that template. We are not opening the template, we are just importing the styles from it.  After import, the lock file does not disappear.  1) Why is a lock file being created when we are not opening the file? 2) Can we prevent ID from creating a lock file for a document we're not even opening?

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Thanks everyone!  I think we figured out that it's a server issue. It's only happening on one network drive, and not on any of the others.

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @billylucas:

I am not experiencing that working locally (files on my hard drive). What version of InDesign and which OS?

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb!  We're using Windows 10 and InDesign 2019 v14.0.3 (we couldn't use 2020 because of accessibility issues, and we haven't thoroughly tested 2021 yet).

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm on a Mac. Let's see if we can get a Windows 10 user to test it out. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't duplicate this with InDesign 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone!  I think we figured out that it's a server issue. It's only happening on one network drive, and not on any of the others.

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines