• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS Printing: "There was a problem connecting to the server..."

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Mac, when printing from InDesign, when needing to print on both sides, I call up the Mac OS printing dialog box. When I do, the software hunts for a computer that I no longer have which acted as my print server. InDesign then shows a Mac OS error dialog box. I click OK, then it pops up again, I click OK again, then I can print without further problem. This only happens with Adobe products; all other printing causes no such errors.

Where do I clear the erroneous server information? I tried all combinations of disconnecting and reconnecting the printer from the network, both physically and in the system preferences.

I'm missing something simple, I fear, but I am stuck. Anyone have any thoughts? Thank you.

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 8.25.13 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into your Mac OS preferences and click on the icon for Printers and Scanners. On the left of the dialog window that appears you'll see a list of printers that your system is seeing. Click on the one that you want to delete and then click on the minus sign below the list to get rid of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

I've done that more than once with no effect on this problem. It must be somewhere deeper, I think.

I've used InDesign since version 1.5. Maybe there's a file somewhere that was never deleted.

I've also tried clearing InDesign's preferences without effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your computer part of a network or is it a personal computer? If it is on a network is there a network administrator who can be contacted to find out if any older printer software still resides on the network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personal computer on my own network. I had two computers and a printer on it, now just one computer and one printer. My MacBook Pro 2018 now functions as the print server.

There are other things on the network, like my iPhone and PS4, but none access the printer.

I‘ve been using the same Xerox Phaser 6350 since 2005 without problems.

i said before that the problem is confined to Adobe, but  the problem does not appear in Acrobat. I’m not sure how much of the suite exhibits the problem, as I don’t use everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a thread on the Apple website which deals with a very similar issue and provides a number of possible solutions. Please see There was a problem connecting to server … - Apple Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, again. That looks really good. I'll have time tomorrow to explore those possible solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know if any of the solutions provided in the link work out for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I will do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't completely looked all the way through this, but the information at the link you posted gave me more possibilities. Over the next week, or so, I'll dig in deeper. No obvious answers on what I tried so far.

Also, I made a mistake in an earlier post. The problem occurs in Acrobat, also.

So, that's all for now. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update. Because my problem is limited to Adobe products, I did not do everything on the referenced extensive list. I did try most of them without success. The list also gave me hints on where else to look. However, none of the other suggestions I found helped either.

I would like to leave this here in the hope that someone will recognize my problem and have the solution at hand.

Of course, any other ideas will be gratefully tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling with same issue now.  Tried all the above steps with no luck.  Uninstall Acrobat Reader and problems go away.

Errors occur (in sets of 11 messages at a time) every reboot and any time network (ETH, Wifi, Wifi2, etc.) is changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, a workaround - delete "AdobeResourceSynchronizer" from your /Applications/Adobe.....app/Contents... folder.  I just searched for it and deleted the file.  Also in ActivityMonitor quit the process.... so far no more error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines