Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Margins and Coloumns

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How do I know how many coloums do I need to make? I am doing a cookbook. 

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export , InCopy workflow , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

That's completely up to you. Choose a layout and number of columns that best suit your content. Might I suggest you do some Googling and find images of layouts that you like for inspiration. If you are unsure how to create a similar layout please post any questions here in the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Whatever you decide be sure to use Paragraph Styles throughout. I also suggest using an object style for the text frames. This will make it easier to maek global changes to your layour, like changing the number of columns.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Hi Panda,

this is a design question. It highly depends on the size and orientation of your pages and your typography.

Look around and analyze other cookbooks.

Also see into articles about grid design like that: https://visme.co/blog/layout-design/

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's completely up to you. Choose a layout and number of columns that best suit your content. Might I suggest you do some Googling and find images of layouts that you like for inspiration. If you are unsure how to create a similar layout please post any questions here in the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever you decide be sure to use Paragraph Styles throughout. I also suggest using an object style for the text frames. This will make it easier to maek global changes to your layour, like changing the number of columns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Panda,

this is a design question. It highly depends on the size and orientation of your pages and your typography.

Look around and analyze other cookbooks.

Also see into articles about grid design like that: https://visme.co/blog/layout-design/

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines