• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Font. How to install .lst ?

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to indesign an wish to print a booklet.  It is missing the fonts and I attached a screenshot of the files in the "document fonts" folder that was provided.  How do I load them on to my PC?

Thanks!

ScreenShot459.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to break it to you, but you have no fonts in that folder. The .lst file is a list of fonts generated by Adobe apps. The two fonts in that folder - "Requiem Text" and, I'm guessing, "Requiem Text Roman" have sizes of 0K, which I'd guess is caused by a fonts folder being zipped on a Mac. No matter what, the answer to "how do I load them on to my PC?" is going to include "Go back to the person who sent you the package, and ask them for..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than being zipped on a Mac I would interpret the 0 bytes size as an indicator that these are macintosh-flavored truetype or type 1 fonts and are just plain useless on the PC. You might be able to substitute PC versions of those fonts if you have them, but be very careful about examining the file for text reflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I shouldn't leave that as an incomplete question. You should find out what kind of font "Requiem Text" is, because some kinds of Mac fonts can't be used on PCs. Also, you should just surf over to Hoefler & Frere-Jones and buy the font, unless their font licensing allows the person who actually bought the font to share the font with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was in the MACOSX folder "Document fonts".  Does this mean they were included, but aren't for a PC?  Thank for the super quick responses!

ScreenShot460.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks that way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Peter is correct. These are probably Macintosh PostScript Type 1 or TrueType fonts. These fonts have a uniquely Mac feature—namely a "data fork" which can be viewed on a PC, and a "resource fork" which cannot. You'll need Windows versions of the fonts if you need to edit the file If you don't need to edit it, you could have the sender create a PDF file which will properly embed the font for printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is a Macintosh PostScript font and the accompanying bitmap font. You cannot use it on a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines