Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Pantone in swatches (2167C) - help with .acb files

Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I needed to find a pantone from Solid Coated (2167C) and it was missing. 

Please can someone give me a location of an updated .acb file which contains 2167C and as many of the other Pantones that exist? (ideally I'd liek to have every pantone that exists, why is this currently not a feature?) I am nervious about replacing the current .acb file that exists there too as I don't want to ruin anything, so please can someone also advise what to do in this instance?

Many thanks,

Sam

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

You can get the new pantone swatches https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/new-pantone-plus-digital-libraries.html

If you have the pantone book - there is a link on the first few pages (or last can't remember) that you can register your product and get the latest swatches.

If you can't get this swatch - then you can get the breakdown here https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/2167-C

If you are actually doing spot colours - make your swatch and name it Pantone 2167C - and insert the CMYK

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get the new pantone swatches https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/new-pantone-plus-digital-libraries.html

If you have the pantone book - there is a link on the first few pages (or last can't remember) that you can register your product and get the latest swatches.

If you can't get this swatch - then you can get the breakdown here https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/2167-C

If you are actually doing spot colours - make your swatch and name it Pantone 2167C - and insert the CMYK values. 

Set it as a Spot Colour.

Your print vendor will then know that you want the Pantone 2167C to be used. And they can use this ink while printing.

If it's going to be CMYK- then you have the CMYK breakdown - but again relay that it's 2167C to your printer so they can get as close a match as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks, this is really helpeful. Of course, I didn't think about the fact I could just insert the CMYK and change to spot coated. As long as I do this, the printer will have the reference to print the correct colour. Thank you for suc a considered response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you're printing on coated paper - if it's uncoated, check out the uncoated version of the swatch, as the colour will be different.

The same ink on the different papers can cause different visuals due to saturation etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is also the new Pantone Connect extension, which you can get from Adobe Exchange—from InDesign choose Window>Find Extensions on Exchange...

You don’t need a Pantone account to use it although you will be prompted to create an account.

From the panel you can load any of the libraries, use the Filter icon to filter for a specific number and add the swatch to your InDesign Swatches panel. The Solid + libraries are defined and saved as Lab colors—spot colors need the Lab definition to be displayed accurately. Here‘s the Connect panel showing the Pantone Solid Coated library:

Screen Shot 14.png

Filtering for 2167

Screen Shot 15.png

Adding the Lab swatch

Screen Shot 16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines