Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My file reverted back to the very first version without my permission

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have been working on a newsletter. I created an indesign file on Saturday, worked on it throughout the weekend, and was even able to print my newsletter out. But now, when I go back into the file I worked on, all of my pages are blank, and they all have the same amount of collums that I started with even though throughout editing I reduced amount of columns. All of my text and photographs are gone. I have never had this happen to me before, but by all accounts it appears as if my file has reverted back to the very first time I created it. I have no idea how to get all of my progress back. I am a very meticulous editor, so I know that I saved my progress as I went along. I made a few edits today, but even if I lose these edits is there any way to recover an older version of the file? I am very distraught at the idea of starting from scratch, even though I have one completed print. The weirdest part about this is that I was able to print a copy, but when I return to my laptop it is completely reverted to a blank document for some reason. 

Any help would be appreciated! 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saving to the Cloud storage?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the pages panel. Are you sure that you are not viewing (empty) master pages? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines