• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Oldstyle figures not working with Goudy OldStyle

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My document is laid up using Goudy Old Style, an open-type font that supposedly has oldstyle figures. But when I try to convert figures to oldstyle via Character panel/OpenType/Proportional oldstyle, they don't change (they do change, however, if I'm in Garamond, but the client requested Goudy). 

I'm running inDesign 2020, and this is the Goudy Old Style that comes with it. Is there some setting I've missed somewhere?

p.s. When I'm in the OpenType dropdown, most of the items appear in brackets, including the Proportional oldstyle option.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you are mistaken that the font you are talking about has what you want designed in it. Just a quick check, the Goudy I have is Adobe's Goudy Std (otf) which DOES have the additional Glyphs. The Goudy which seems to be on TypeKit is URW's which does not. Although, Typekit also has LTC Goudy, which does! Why the difference between these and the original Adobe font that was on Font Folio (and previoulsy a Type 1 with a separate font for Small Caps and Old Style Figures) is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines