• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pantone Color Library

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2010 Nov 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I view and use the pantone color library in CS5?

I can't find it.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 05, 2010 Nov 05, 2010

InDesign doesn't load the entire swatch lib into the 'active' swatches panel, you have to select them one at a time. If you think you need to have all of the colours at your fingertips, well, I can whip out a small javascript that forcibly adds all of them. (As there are many hundreds, if not thousands, of colors per library, I'm fairly sure you'll soon regret that.)

But you can use the "Add" button as much as you like before closing this dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this help?

http://community.adobe.com/help/search.html?searchterm=pantone+library&go=go&q=pantone+library&l=indesign_product_adobelr&x=0&y=0&area=0&lr=en_US&hl=en_US

The first link gives an overview of the color system; under the heading "Load swatches from predefined custom color libraries" are instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kind of...need to play with it and figure it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only thing you have to know in advance is what Pantone Library you need -- there are several, each with their own unique naming system. This is how to select one of the best-known ones, "Pantone Solid Coated", with color names such as "Rubine Red' and "475C":

Screen shot 2010-11-05 at 10.49.47 PM.png

Screen shot 2010-11-05 at 10.50.09 PM.png

Screen shot 2010-11-05 at 10.50.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screen shots.

How do I get these pantone libraries to stay up on the sidebar...is there a way?

It seems you can only select one color at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign doesn't load the entire swatch lib into the 'active' swatches panel, you have to select them one at a time. If you think you need to have all of the colours at your fingertips, well, I can whip out a small javascript that forcibly adds all of them. (As there are many hundreds, if not thousands, of colors per library, I'm fairly sure you'll soon regret that.)

But you can use the "Add" button as much as you like before closing this dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need for javascript.  I just like to select colors while looking at all options and find to select a color in Indesign is a bit hit or miss in how they have it set up.

I think this will work for now. Thanks so much for your response and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to invest in a swatch book. Far better than relying on the screen in any case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do as described by Jongware above. Before clicking done you mark the top colour, scroll down and shift-mark the bottom one. Add them and you are ready to go. Might want to add a folder and name them by color book first for staying organised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines