• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previous Versions

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mistakenly overrode a file. Is there any way to restore the previous version? 

TOPICS
Feature request , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only if you're using a backup system. Backblaze and Dropbox can recover previous versions of a file even if the new file has been backed up. There are programs that can recover deleted files, but I don't remember ever having a successful recovery. 

When a file is deleted your computer just rewrites the directory on your drive to say the place where the file was saved is now empty. The data itself might still be there, at least until something is written over it. File recovery software scans your drive looking for intact files in the writable areas if the drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to Scott's response, I'd recommend checking out this similar community discussion(https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/restoring-earlier-version-of-file/td-p/9690027?page=1). Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines