Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

printing at wrong size

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

default2d7lw15n2ati_0-1612548622590.pngdefault2d7lw15n2ati_1-1612549259365.png

Please help me figure out why my document is not printing at the correct size. Document is set up at letter size 8.5x11 but when I try to print its the wrong size. In adobe it lists the size as 8.8x11.2 so even with my bleed set up page does not print to the edge.  As well as page being incorrectly sized the bottom border is not printing as well. If you look at the print preview its greyed out at the bottom. 

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably, you are need to go into printer settings and chose checkbox about printing without edges. 

P.S. I do never print from InDesign and prefer to use Acrobat Pro for print exported PDF's from ID.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're trying to print onto A4 paper - using bleed.

Bleed is only useful when the paper is larger than required- you then include trim marks so that you can trim the page to the crop/trim marks to make it the size you want.

Bleed acts as a safety zone in case of slight shift in trimming, so even a slight trimming error wouldn't be noticed.

And then you have to find out if the printer you are using can print to the page edge - if it can you don't need to include the bleed. 

If it can't - and most desktop printers cannot - then it's been restricted by the Printers own margins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I turned off the bleed and that made it alittle better, however it is still greying out the bottom of the page. If you see the screen shot I added its grey over the flowers at the bottom and it doesn't print that part even though the page size is corrected. 

Raye87_0-1612806985649.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines