• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing InDesign document with specific size in pixels.

Participant ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I need to export an InDesign document to PDF file but must export it with a specific size. I have exported the document but the final resolution is only 612x792. As I add this to an existing PDF file it looks small because all other documents in my PDF file were scanned at 2550x3300 pixels so exported InDesign documents looks really small in my PDF file compared to the other documents.

How can I export an InDesign document with a specific resolution of 2550x3300 pixels?

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Change your InDesign measurement system to pixels or points (InDesign exports as 1 point to 1 pixel).

Go to the Page Tool and resize your document; change the Liquid Page Rule to Scale. 

Do a Save-As

Another option is to create an Alternative Layout using the same Liquid Page Rule Scale settings.

If you need more info on how to do either of these, please let me know and I'll upload screen capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change your InDesign measurement system to pixels or points (InDesign exports as 1 point to 1 pixel).

Go to the Page Tool and resize your document; change the Liquid Page Rule to Scale. 

Do a Save-As

Another option is to create an Alternative Layout using the same Liquid Page Rule Scale settings.

If you need more info on how to do either of these, please let me know and I'll upload screen capture.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't mention it, but your document size of  612 x 792 is 8-1/2 x 11 inches in pixels/points.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines